Monday, January 9, 2012

The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

Title/Author: The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg
Pages: 290
Publisher: Point
Format: Hard back, Library
Published: December 29, 2009
My Rating: 5/5
Buy/Information: Amazon | B&N | Goodreads

Love is all you need... or is it? Penny's about to find out in this wonderful debut.

Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows: no more. It's a personal choice. . .and, of course, soon everyone wants to know about it. And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt. Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways . . . which is too bad, because there's this certain boy she can't help but like. . . .


My Review:

I read one of her books before and it was sooooo goood! So i checked this out and I love this also. This is one of my favorite authors now. I can't wait to read one of her other books! I just love her writing and ideas. AHHHH! I just love it. You should go check out this author, if you haven't already :)

First Chapter: Penny boyfriend is Nate and he was staying in her basement the whole time and her parents doesn't know. They've been doing things together since they were kids. One day, Penny was ready to 'do it'  with him. So she walks in her basement to see Nate but then she saw Nate laying with another girl and kissing her. So now she's sad and all. 

Then suddenly there's this couple who was dating for years and years and now they're not dating anymore. The girl was Penny's ex best friend and now she's running back to Penny because she has no one. Penny decided to make a club to not date anyone at high school. 

It's just sooooo amazing! Please do check it out :) I'm begging haha. I would tell you more stuff but I don't want to spoil anything. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment