Monday, July 9, 2012

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock

Title/Author: Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
Pages: 416
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Format: eBook, Library, Borrowed
Published: May 8th, 2012
Buy/Information: Amazon | B&N | Goodreads

Mackenzie and Amy were best friends.

Since then, Mac's life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac's hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy's killer:

A white werewolf.

Lupine syndrome--also known as the werewolf virus--is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy's murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy's boy-friend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.


Review:
This book came out a while ago.  Mostly, everyone love this book even before it came out! I was excited when it came out but I never got the chance to read this because I was so busy with work. I finally had a chance to read it and what can go wrong? Hello, it's about werewolves! This is probably the second book I read about werewolves. Yeah, i know... I wasn't too crazy about werewolves. 

This book is a group of friends. Mackenzie, Amy, Jason, and Kyle. After Amy's death, everything been different between Mac, Jason, and Kyle but especially Jason. Jason been getting drunk and getting into fights after his girlfriend's death. 

I can never live in a world full of werewolves. NEVER. I would be scared to go outside by myself. 

I love the relationship between Mac and Kyle. They just have a strong relationship even though they just became a couple. There's also a love triangle but of course I'm not going to tell you who it's with since it'll be a spoiler. If you want to find out go read the book! 

The book was action pack with romances and suspense! The end of every chapter was a cliff hanger. You always wanted to turn the page and read the next chapter and the next. The action never stopped! The dreams that Mac was having was pretty creepy. It made my skin shiver a bit. You can never really guess what will happen next which I like. 

Overall, I love this book a lot! I love the romance in this one. There's also a lot of drama going on. I'm can't wait until the next book comes out! I would put any book down just to read the next book. I recommend you read this book! 

                                      5 STARS

0 comments:

Post a Comment