Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

Title: Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3)
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Pages: 336
Date of Published: March 13th, 2012
Format: eBook
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Buy/Information: Goodreads | B&N | Amazon

Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted.

Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?


Review:

I love the first two books and I knew I would love this one too! It came out a while ago. I wanted to read this so bad but I kept reading other books. I was happy to finally start on this book. It took me quite a while to finish the book though. It was because I was busy doing other stuff.

The beginning of the book started off where the second book stopped. Even though I didn't read the second book before reading this, I still remembered a lot from the book. The author gave a lot of description about what's happening, which I love. There was already so much secrets being revealed in the two or three chapter. This book answers pretty much every question.

The characters are amazing. I love Sophie. She's such a joker. I wish I was friends with her. Archer was of course flirting with Sophie every second in the book. I love them together! I also like Cal but he's the more gentle and calm guy. Probably the romantic one, maybe? Just imaging Cal make me chill haha. You can't forget Jenna. I love this girl! Even though she's a vampire. She seems like a normal teenager girl. I love her personality. Sophie's parents are the best!

I do have a tiny problem with this book though...sigh I know. I wish it was going to be perfect like the other two books. You guys know that she's powerless now. She was trying to getting her powers back, which she does but the way she did it, was just too easy. I wanted things to end up bad then she gets it back by doing something awesome but she didn't. Also they were trying to find something in the underworld. I don't want to tell you what it is because it's near half way in the book before you find out. So when they were in the underworld bad things happen. You would image demons everywhere right? Not at all! Just images appearing, nightmares. I mean, it's scary but I was hoping for something big.

Overall, this book was great! I did love this book and the trilogy. The plot, story, and characters is awesome. I love everything about this trilogy. I will be reading future books from this author. Even though there was some bad parts in this book, I would recommend everyone buying Hex Hall, Demonglass, and Spell Bound right now! It will totally be worth your money and time!


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this one! The Hex Hall series is one of my favorites, but this last book fell a little flat for me. I don't know, I think I was expecting too much and when I do that I'm almost always disappointed.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 stars? Wow, I really need to catch up on this series. I believe I have all of the kindle books, but I've only read the first one. Great review :0)

    Also, you've been nominated for a the Versatile Blogger Award here :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I haven't ever read this series yet! *bows head in shame*

    Great review! There are so many books about magic nowadays that most of them just don't make the cut, but this one looks promising ;)

    ReplyDelete